As a result of gathering the data from this quick campus climate instrument, staff can learn about:
- the current status of students
- technological access that students have
- greatest concerns that students are currently facing
- what virtual resources students would like to see
To set up this instrument, campuses can build it as an Administration; the instrument is titled "COVID-19: Student Climate Survey." The responses from this instrument can then trigger alerts in Beacon so that a staff member may take appropriate action. You may also add custom questions to the instrument if there is additional data you would like to collect.
When you set up triggers, choose the triggers that are most important for students' success network to see. You want to get them the most important information without overloading them. We don't recommend that you set up all of the suggested triggers below, but that you create the triggers that are most important and where the success network can be most impactful.
- If a student indicates that they do not have regular access to a computer
- If a student indicates that they do not have a reliable internet connection
- If a student indicates that they do not have access to assistive technology
- If a student indicates that they their ability to cope with stressors in their life is "poor"
- If a student indicates that they are concerned "a great deal" about one of the items in the survey (e.g., access to consistent food)