Faculty & Staff - How to Manage Your Availability
Your availability will need to be set in order for students to make appointments with you.
- Log into Beacon.
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on "Profile".
- On the "Profile" tab fill in the information in the "Your Office Location" area so students know where to find you.
- Click the "Office Hours" tab.
- Choose your Meeting Preferences
- Meeting Length - The ideal length of your meetings with students.
- Break Lengths - Your preferred amount of time between meetings.
- Advance Notice - How far in advance do students need to schedule their meeting.
- Write Check-In Instructions for your students.
- The message you write here will be delivered to students once their meeting request is approved.
- Choose your Scheduling Assistance preference.
- Send me a meeting request - a confirmation request will be sent whenever a student wants to schedule a meeting. The request can be accepted or denied on a case-by-case basis.
- Automatically accept meeting requests - all meeting requests will automatically be accepted and added to the calendar.
- Choose your Availability.
- Use the calendar to indicate your availability to meet with students. Your availability will stay in place unless you make adjustments to it. Students will be able to send meeting requests to you based on your selections on the calendar.
Faculty & Staff - How to Approve or Deny Meeting Requests
Once a student has requested a meeting with you, you will receive an email from "email@example.com" with the subject "Meeting Request".
Within the email, you can click on "Approve" or "DENY".
Once clicking "Approve" a browser window will open with details about the meeting. An email will be sent to the student letting them know the meeting has been approved.
To add this meeting to a calendar outside of Beacon click on the "Add to Calendar" button.
When logged into Beacon all of your meetings with be listed in the "Meetings" tab.
To get more details about this meeting or to cancel it click on the students name.
If the meeting is cancelled at this point you will need to give a reason for the cancellation that will be sent to the student.
Once clicking "DENY" a browser window will open with details about the meeting. An email will be sent to the student letting them know their meeting request was denied.
Students - How to Request a Meeting
- Log into Beacon
- Click on the picture of the person you would like to schedule a meeting with.
- Choose from the available meeting days and times.
- An email will be sent to the person you have requested a meeting with. They will approve or deny the meeting. Once they have you will receive an email letting you know the meeting status. The email will be sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the subject of either "Meeting Approved" or Meeting Denied".
If the meeting is approve you will receive an email with the meeting details.
If the meeting is denied you will receive an email with the persons information so that you can reach out to them to understand why the meeting was denied or you can log back into Beacon and request a new time.
The person you had made the meeting with may need to cancel the meeting after it has been approved. If a cancellation happens you will received an email with the reason for the cancellation.
The day of your appointment you will receive an email with the details of your meeting.