What: Installing the Quick Update Widget to a Website
Why: To add an update/alert in a timely fashion to a student's record without requiring access to the full Beacon system. This feature helps get observational notation into Beacon as quickly as possible. The widget can be embedded on any HTML web page that you can edit.
Who on your campus can create this: By default, only members of a student's success network may create an update or alert for the student using the Quick Update feature. Optionally, the system may be configured so that any member of the campus community may create an update/alert for any other member of the community.
Who at Campus Labs can help with this: Support Team (Contact us through our web form) and your Consultant
When should this be set up: This can be used at any time
Where is this located: Settings à Embed Quick Update
How to install the Quick Update Widget to a Website:
1) Log into Beacon
2) Click on Settings
3) Select Embed Quick Update
4) Customize the widget using the options on the left
5) Test the widget by selecting Create Success Notification in the box on the right
6) Copy the HTML code by selecting Select HTML button
7) In the HTML editor of your choice add the code to your site
Here is an example of the quick update widget in action.