Triggers allow members of a student's Success Network to get a Data Insight or Alert based on various elements of information about a student.
Administrators can follow these steps to set up a Trigger:
- Select Settings
- Select Triggers
- Select the blue New Trigger button
- Choose a Data Source. These sources include:
- Recommended: Pre-configured Triggers based on common responses that may suggest the need of additional attention.
- Baseline: Triggers based on responses to questions within Baseline surveys. (See full article on Creating a Baseline Trigger)
- Grades: Triggers based on grade indicators. (See full article on Creating a Grades Trigger)
- Absences: Attendance-based Triggers used to notify students and members of their success networks when an individual approaches or exceeds the maximum number of allowed absences for a course section. (See full article on Creating an Attendance Trigger)
- Assessments: Based on included instruments (such as the Student Strengths Inventory), these Triggers utilize student responses to non-cognitive reflection items. (See full article on Creating an Assessment Trigger)
- Custom Questions: These Triggers utilize student responses to key institutional questions that have been added to the included instruments. (See full article on Creating a Custom Question Trigger)
- Fill out all required information for the Trigger, noted with the asterisk.
- Take Action. Create a Name, choose your Audience, set your Notification Type:
- Data Insight: Content will appear as an insight on the Success Stream and will be distributed to the student's Success Network
- Alert: Content will appear as an Alert on the Success Stream. The student's Success Network will be notified that a new alert has been created and they will be expected to take action on this information.
- Activate Trigger