Custom fields enable advisors, generalists, executives and administrators to see further information about students. Fields and their associated information can be viewed within the demographic tab of a student profile in Beacon. Up to 50 custom fields can be created. If you are interested in creating custom fields, please notify the Campus Labs support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following pieces of information:
- Header – Name of column to be used in your Beacon import file. (this field cannot contain spaces)
- Label – Name of field to appear within each students’ Beacon profile. (Labels cannot exceed 50 characters.)
- Field type – One of the following can be used:
- String – Can contain letters, numbers, and or symbols. (Strings fields cannot exceed 128 characters.)
- Number - Used strictly for a numerical value. (Once past 15 characters the rest of the value will be truncated)
- Boolean – Must be sent as True/False or Yes/No just like standard optional booleans. (T/F and Y/N will error)
- Date - Must follow the format 'mm/dd/yyyy' .