Campus Labs connects to campus authentication systems in order to identify and credential users. This means that you login using your campus username and password. The centerpiece of each method is a secure transmission of a unique identifier for a user upon a successful granting of credentials. Some of the supported protocols also allow for the passing of additional attributes from a directory or other campus system.
Campus Labs only supports ONE authentication method at a time. Those options include:
- Shibboleth / SAML (Campus Labs in an InCommon Provider)
- Generic Pass-Through Authentication (GPT) - Proprietary method using inline HTTPS requests in a secure manner)
- Central Authentication Service (CAS)
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Steps to implementing authentiation:
- Select an authentication method
- Complete the authentication worksheet and send it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will work with you to get a site configured, depending on your answers to the questions.
- Testing and troubleshooting.
- Create users and allow them access to the site using their campus credentials.